• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Condoms and shedding

Hey everyone

I know that condoms only lower the risk of transmission by 50% because you shed where the outbreak is, and its not always covered

However where i get my outbreaks will be protected by the condom, so does this means that it won't transmit? I know you can't give a 100% answer to this, but will it at least improve the chances it won't?

Thanks

Well, I don't think there is any way to give you a definite number about how the location of your OB will be affected by condoms (although if you know yours are outside the covered area it's pretty obvious that the condom isn't doing a lot of protection in that area) .. but if you only have your OB's in the area covered by the condom, your risks should be lowered pretty dramatically ... the problem is we don't know if you *might* be shedding outside the area... BUT, I think it's safe to say that your risk percentage is a lot lower with condoms if you only have OB's in the condom area....

You can increase the "coverage" area BTW by trying the FC2 Female condom ... some people like them, some don't. But they may be worth a try and the upside is neither of you lose sensation with them :)

http://tinyurl.com/FC2-condom

They are certainly worth a try. I bought some awhile back but haven't had the opportunity to try them yet ;)