• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

So...I talked to my herpes "giver"

I sat down and talked to him. I've been feeling abandoned and rejected by him, which is why I couldn't understand why he would want to discuss this in the first place. I guess this thing is making me a better person already because I was able to listen to him an understand his fear. He said he really didnt know. That he is afraid, confused and frustrated. He still hasn't had his results confirmed yet. And he also admitted that he hasn't been there as he should have(or could have). Perhaps we are in this thing together. I guess time will tell, but I feel so much better because I knew I couldn't move forward being angry and unforgiving towards him. I think I can move forward now. The shock is dulling. I have come to a place of trying really hard to accept this for what it is. I truly want to get to a place of forgiveness for myself and work on loving me better. For the first time since I found out, I think I might just be okay one day.

The biggest hug for you...you will be ok honey. When you show bravery, integrity and strength of character like you are doing you can't go wrong :-). You have given him the opportunity to grow to and he has been honest..being able to listen and understand someone elses experience while trying to be forgiving is an amazing thing to do K

Keep practicing being forgiving because that is what will set you free and get you to a happy place of acceptance and love...just remember,things don't have to be perfect to be happy.

Let me know how you get on with his results. x

Wow Trying, that is so awesome! I am so glad you are feeling so much better. Forgiveness is a gift you give to yourself and look at the example you set for your gifter. Hopefully your example will help him to grow and not make the same mistake with anyone else. And for you, this is huge. The peace you are feeling is priceless. We all are in the process of learning and growing. Every baby step we take in integrity and honesty moves us towards become our highest and best self. Huge hugs to you sweetheart!!

Brenda

Wow, I'm really impressed, Trying. Empathy in this circumstance shows me the strength of your heart and your emotional intelligence. It's beautiful. Thank you for sharing and congratulations for taking care of yourself and being true to yourself.

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources: