• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

If my partner and I both have herpes

Ok. I have tried getting as much info on this subject as possible but never seem to get a clear answer if anyone know can you please help.

Say I met someone that I decide to be in a relationship with, if we have the same type of genital herpes will either of us begin to develop sores on areas that we didn't have them before? I only get it on the lower side of the shaft but would I start getting blisters in other spots due to having sexual relationship with someone who has the same type? Does that only happen if you're having sex during an outbreak? Just would like some clarity on the matter

Once you have had Herpes for about 3-6 months, you should have enough antibodies to protect you from any kind of new transmission of the SAME variety (H1 or H2) unless your immune system gets really messed up. However, I wouldn't push my luck by having sex with an OB ... that's like waving a red flag to a bull...LOL...

Never mind, who the hell wants to have sex with an active OB - they HURT! LOL

(((HUGS)))

@WCSDancer2010 - thanks for clearing that up... i was wondering because i would like to date someone who also shares the same condition but not if it means my condition will worsen. Ive had it for over a year now so I'm sure the antibodies are plentiful.

@ihaveittoo - Thanks for the insight really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. I seem to only get outbreaks after friction so I know exactly what your talking about

Well I hope you won't limit yourself to only someone who has HSV2 .... while there are dating sites for people with STD's, only a small percentage of available daters are on dating sites, and the percentage is even smaller for those who KNOW they have HSV2 (about 4% of the total population from what I hear). So while those sites are good for helping you to get back in the game, they really limit your options AND you are discounting all kinds of beautiful partners who may be H- and who will love you AND your virus friend ;)

I know the online percentage is small, at the moment it's all I have. Not ready to disclose to someone that does have H. Either way my entire life I've been a quiet guy, I've always used the Internet to meet my past girlfriends. I've been in 2 relationships and I'm 28, unfortunately the last one left me a broken heart and some H. i thought it was friction, she broke up with me just a few days after this happened. i never told her what I was going through because what i thought was a friction burn turned out to be the initial outbreak. I still haven't told her to this day. I still haven't physically been diagnosed only visually online. point is I've spent most of my life single. I wouldn't want to feel singled out, I want someone who emotionally knows what I'm dealing with so we can be there for each other. So I will keep trying until I find the right one. I'm working on making the best version of myself, getting into shape, cut way down on smoking, eating healthy, etc. and hoping one day I can find a beautiful, intelligent, exquisite woman who also has H. Within the community is where I want to be, I believe God has a plan for all of us. And I'm in this position for a reason. The way I think about relationships has completely changed since I've realized I have H. Before they seemed very dispensable, now with H I'm looking for a life partner and would cherish a relationship a lot more then before. I'm sure a lot of people the same way when they're diagnosed. Two people who share the same condition, feel the same way about finding a life partner. In my opinion sure I might be reducing my dating population, but I'm raising the success rate by reducing my dating world to people who really want something long term due to having H.

I still haven't physically been diagnosed only visually online.

You cannot be diagnosed visually ... never mind visually online. Yes - odds are it's Herpes. But you don't even know which one it is ... H1 or H2. If you are insisting on dating someone with Herpes, you need to know which one you have .... and which one they have. If you have HSV1 genitally and they have HSV2 genitally, while you will both have *some* antibody protection, it will be very possible for you to transfer the other one to each other... so PLEASE go get a blood test to confirm. Most large cities have STD clinics now ... and some have sliding scale if you don't have insurance.