• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Great "Rejection" call, Adrial!

I really enjoyed the call tonight Adrial. I had some good take aways. I came in a bit late, but there were a few things I took away. One was that herpes really is the big magnifying glass in relationships. It also brings to light other people's true personality. When we disclose, their reaction tells us a lot about their true character. We get an glimpse into the inner core.

I loved what you said also about people having "preferences". Everyone is looking for something different in a relationship. People are going to accept or reject us for various reasons and herpes is just one of them. People like someone who is tall or thin or blonde or intelligent or whatever. It doesn't make the people who are short, robust, red head or mentally entertaining any less of a person. It's all a preference.

One thing I am learning is to just not take other people's reaction so personally. If someone is reacting, it has more to do with them than it has to do with me. I have also learned that no one comes into our lives by accident and I know every single person I have had contact with and have had the talk with needed to hear what I had to say. Our lives intertwined, even for a short time, for a reason and I helped them grow in some way either by educating them or challenging their beliefs. Meeting me was necessary in some way for their growth. And maybe it will help keep them safe as well because most times I am the first person they have ever talked openly about sex with before. Maybe in their next relationships they will be more open about having discussions before things get intimate so they are better informed about their partner's health. :)

Thanks again Adrial. I look forward to the seminar next week!! It is going to be AWESOME!

Brenda

Thanks, Brenda! I'm glad you got so much out of it! It was super fun to host it. And Nicole and Kristin are awesome, aren't they? ;) I'm going to be posting the audio soon for anyone else to hear who couldn't make the call.

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

Here's a link to the audio:

http://eepurl.com/tNKir

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

Yes, Kristin and Nicole were both so awesome!! I wanted to hug them both because they are such beautiful, intelligent, amazing women. They both added so much to the call and I could relate so much to what each of them had to say. Thanks so much Nicole and Kristin for being so open and transparent. What a wonderful gift for all of us to experience. Hugs!!! Brenda

Hey Domo! I don't know when I'll be having the next group call, but for now have you downloaded the audio recording?

Helpful resources: