• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

HSV 1&2...say it isn't true

Ok, so its true. I'm a member to the "H" family. I joined this month and I was lucky to have come across this site today. Some of the discussions are great, even the depressing ones. I was upset, shocked and freaked out and cried for three days then realized I'm not herpes. Its not going to define who I am and I'm not going to let it change me. So I decided that I needed to do what I can and learn as much as I could. From that point on, I've felt comfortable doing what most haven't been able to... I've told several close friends, many of which who are very understanding and supportive and a few who well...lets just say, were on a time out as of right now.

I'm looking forward to meeting more people for support and to help give insight as well. I'm not even sure how I accepted the fact I have the virus and I'm ok with it as quick as I did. My ex is still upset how he caught it then the guilt of giving it to me. Maybe I see it as a blessing in disguise and away to help educate others. Either way, its definitely not a great thing, but its not the end of the world either.

My glass will always be half full....

I love this post...you are truly awesome sassynatty :-)! I saw it as a blessing in disguise once I got over the initial freak out too. Doesn't mean there aren't sad times and challenges with it but there are gifts with it too. I see it as being able to educate people as well (there is soooooo much misinformation about it out there - and from the medical profession too!).

So glad you found us, I am looking forward to checking in and catching up with you :-) x

Inspiring stuff Sassy. I'm glad you're here. I love your outlook and contributions to this community. You aren't herpes. You are how you live your life with herpes (and everything else we encounter in life). It's not our challenges that define us. It's who we are in the face of the challenges. Big hugs, Sassy! ;)

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

@lelani and @Adrial,

Thank you both. Its nice to find a forum that's actually positive rather than one that has so much negativity that I could see why so many people with the virus feel hopeless. Everyone on here seems great and the discussions are interesting and things were all going through or have. I love it here. Thanks for having me.

:-bd