• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Happy Birthday to Me

So I just received the phone call today, that I have Herpes Type 2. Needless to say I am completely devastated. The reason I titled this happily birthday to me because I just turned 33 on the first of this month. So, again, needless to say I feel like my world is over. I am so confused, so hurt, so angry. Because the person I got it from was someone I called a friend for the past 5 years. At the same time, I'm grown, and I know more than better but thought that things would be different since we had the "friends first" between us. So up until the summer of last year I was celibate and was going strong for 3 years. Got in a relationship that didn't last past 6 months. Fast forward, this year. MLK weekend I met up with my "friend" to celebrate my graduation. That night things got out of control and completely out of hand and took a turn it never should have. However, him being a "friend" I threw cautious to the wind and my inhibitions out the window. There was no protection. Two weeks later I developed "normal" vaginal infection symptoms. Just a DC, slight itch and smell. These are about a once a year thing for me whether I'm sexual active or not, however I get checked each and every time it happens. My appointment was on Feb. 3. They called me two later to say I did have a bacteria infection and they put in a Rx. Took that for 7 days, everything fine. My cycle started on day 6 of the meds. Again everything fine. This month my cycle came on a full week early. Scared me at first because I wasn't sure if it was my cycle or not. Sorry I'm getting off point. *still freaking out here.

So last Thursday I got sick. So sick I had to leave work early. I got the worst headache ever. Nothing would stop it. The next day I have sneezing, running nose, sever headache. A slight fever. No outbreak. This has been going on all the way till today. And it's a lot worst because I get headaches when I cry and I've been crying since that phone call. I have to wait a full two weeks for my follow up appointment. I'm praying to God the only symptoms I ever get are the ones I have now with nothing affecting below my waist. But what is baffling me more is why did my test results take Soooooo long? I asked them, idk how many times, when I would get my results. They said no more than a week. It's been over a full month. I am so confused. When they called today, I asked why did it take so long. She said it's because they were trying to figure out my test results. I am so distraught right now. I feel like my life is over. I'm not married, have no kids, but I want all those things. How will anyone want to be with someone like me? The struggle has been hard enough as it is. Now I have one more thing to add to the list of what's wrong with me.

So I just received the phone call today, that I have Herpes Type 2. ................ I'm praying to God the only symptoms I ever get are the ones I have now with nothing affecting below my waist. But what is baffling me more is why did my test results take Soooooo long? I asked them, idk how many times, when I would get my results. They said no more than a week. It's been over a full month. I am so confused. When they called today, I asked why did it take so long. She said it's because they were trying to figure out my test results.

Hello and Welcome!

Well, I'm not 100% sure your Dr knows what they are talking about, based on what you wrote .... Given that they had trouble "figuring out your test results" I'd say it's time for a new Dr :p

So - you have not had any outbreaks - just flu symptoms - and I assume you had an IgG blood test. So - do you have the test results? Because if the values are <3.5 then there's a 40% chance it's a false positive.... and if it IS positive, then you got it a LOONG time before your dalliance ... it takes at least 4 months to get to a full positive result.... And is your Dr a GP or an OBGYN? If it's the former, its time to get thee to an OBGYN.... they are the "Vagina's R Us" of the medical world and will be much more informed about test results and their meaning ;)

AND - if you DO have herpes, it's not the end of the world. I've had it 35 yrs and I've had a great life - a 20 yr marriage, 3 beautiful daughters, 2 post divorce H- BF's and I do whatever i want in life. We have plenty of proof in the Success Stories that having Herpes does not mean you can't find love and have a great life :)

(((HUGS)))

Thanks, wcsdancer2010. Yes, that's just the thing. I went to an obgyn, just not mine. This is another one that works with the hospital. I just found it odd that my results took so long. As soon as I got that phone call, I was on Google like crazy. From what I've found, you are right this is something that has been in my system for quite some time. Still I think 6 weeks is a bit ridiculous to find and say anything. Second, I've had a symptom for years. A bump that appears and hurts like the devil. It's just a giant pimple and swells and is sore. It never bursts and after no more than 7 days it goes away. Sometimes I catch it and go get it checked. The very last time I had it, in fact, I actually went to my OBGYN and she did all the tests. Nothing came back positive. But I now I'm finding out that Herpes testing is not including in the routine std test. But she tested that actual bump itself. Wait, no, now that I think about she did not puncture it. Yes, I remember because she didn't want to put me in more pain than I already was. Dammit probably should have done it then. We may have found it then. But when she was looking at it she did say it wasn't Herpes. I'm guessing because it was not the "standard Herpes blister". Oh this is all so confusing and frustrating. I hate life right now.

Well, I would say it's time for a new OBGYN group ...

Any OBGYN that knows anything will know that there are several ways that Herpes presents ... not just blisters ... and they would KNOW that they have to open the thing up to get to the virus :(

Don't hate life ... honestly, Herpes is just a speed bump in your life.. sure, it feels like you hit it at 60mph, but one day it will be a distant spot in your rear view mirror :)