• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Pain during sex ?

Okay I was diagnosed with herpes over a month ago and since my first outbreak I've been good. My life has turned back to normal it had even improved. I haven't had a outbreak since my first. I sometimes feel itchy and tingle a little but other than that I'm great. But today I had sex for the first time since I was diagnosed and it was very painful. It felt like I was loosing my virginity all over again. But the pain was only coming from the opening of my vagina .i checked to see signs of an outbreak but I'm fine there's nothing down there. My partner (also has herpes) said it was because I hadn't had sex in a while and it needed to be stretched out again. I don't think it was herpes related but everything makes me nervous. I'm still worried that having sex could make me have a outbreak. We also had oral sex. I am very scared of waking up with and outbreak on my face . He's on medication and I am not. We had unprotected sex. He says that his doctor told him that since I already have it and that if I do breakout it wouldn't be on mouth it would breakout the place I had my initial breakout (genital area) idk I'm just very nervous. I don't want to worry myself about this and cause myself to break out. But I was just wondering if anyone knows anything about this that would help me feel better ?

Hi Bethany.

Glad you are managing with the stigma.

Since you are newly diagnosed (a month) it takes a while for your body to build up antibodies. So that saying there still is a risk you could contract it in another location. That beig said, your bf is on suppressive meds and hsv2 doesn't like te mouth very much so the risk is really low.

Now it's up to you and your partner to decide for te first few months what you are comfortable with in terms of oral sex til your body has time to build antibodies. With a low risk u may throw caution to the wind!!!!

Other people will chime in on other issues.

Hugs

@Bethany_re

It's not uncommon for people to have a little pain when having sex after the first OB - your skin/nerves are still healing (and nerves take more time to really heal) ... so go REAL slow next time and use lots of lube (Fractionated Coconut Oil is good as it doesn't stain sheets and has antiviral properties .. you can get it here http://amzn.to/1F10r3V )

You *should* be fine with oral given your boyfriend is on the meds ... he has HSV2, right? H2 really doesn't like the mouth ... only 1% of all oral herpes is HSV2.

Don't panic... you should be fine.... ok?