• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

waiting on herpes test results...but yeah

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@justagirl72

You can go to Planned Parenthood and get your meds that way :)

And there are plenty of people in S Fla on here... @seeker is in Tampa and knows the support groups in your areas so perhaps he will jump in here and give the details ... that might be a great way to meet up and you will meet others who have it as well :)

I DONT KNOW WHAT MY NEW NORMAL IS. :/

And you won't until you live with it for awhile ... and we can't tell you because everyone has a different reaction/journey with this thing...

Sorry I can't be of more help ... just be aware of your body and if you feel it coming back up call the Dr immediately and get on another round ... but wean off next time ... sometimes that helps for those who get an OB soon after stopping the meds :

(((HUGS)))

I can tell you right now, that I journal my symptoms daily, location and triggers. I do this, because things are still changing w me a yr later w this virus and there definitely has some improvement. I remember the first 6 months, I didn't feel normal down there ... So I log everything, so I learn my new normal, each day that passes, until I feel like I have better control of this virus.

@justagirl72 I am sorry you aren't doing too good right now. Life does have its moments of suckiness. Find comfort knowing you aren't alone and this isn't the end-all be-all. You are still you. Now you just have a skin condition. Now you have to be more careful. I am positive for HSV1 and 2. Now I can't even kiss without disclosure but there are worse things in life. Keep your head up girlie. This is the toughest part

@justagirl72 why be upset about having type 2? At least you don't have to worry about spreading it to someone's mouth through oral sex, that may be HSV 1 and 2 negative? There are plenty of people on here who hell of a time w HSV 1 on their genitals. Don't feed into the hype that it's better to have 1 over 2. It presents different discussions to have in regards to the different types, but don't make the assumption you'd be one of those people w HSV 1 who never has an OB again, because there's plenty on here like @whitedaisies who can tell you the hell she goes through w type 1 and others, that don't have issue like that w HSV 2.

@justagirl72

Honey, I got H1 at FOUR years old .. had HORRID OB's at least 2x/yr until adulthood. Got H2 at 17 with my first sexual experience. Got genital warts from the first real BF. Any guesses why I don't bet? I don't seem to be good with a decent break with the odds :p

And guess what? I've had a pretty decent life. married 20 yrs, 2 beautiful daughters. Amicable divorce. A few LTR's since. And H is hardly a blip on my radar any more. Sure, there will be sucky days when you get an OB ... but you will have other sucky days with Flu, Stomach Virus, accidents, whatever ... shit happens sometimes and we just have to ride it out and then kick dirt over that shit and move on ...

I know it sucks now and it's scary but take it from an old fart who has seen people with FAR worse suffering than I've ever had (and I've also had an ectopic pregnancy and thrown my back out so I know what pain can be like) ... this too shall pass. If this is the worst thing to ever happen to you, you will be a very lucky girl. Believe me ... :)

(((HUGS)))

Hi!

Today is my birthday. That means 1 week since official diagnosis, 2 weeks since I was tested, and about 3 weeks since I first started feeling "off".

I did a week of taking antiviral meds 3x per day, but it still doesn't feel normal down there. Just enough so that it is annoyance, but it is especially bad when I go to bed and I get pain in my back which I am now attributing to the HSV. should I try and get more meds or just let my body try to take care of it? I called and made an appointment with my gyno, but they couldn't take me until the 30th :(

You should be able to call and ask for a refill and explain that you're still having a lot of symptoms. Look, I didn't feel normal down there for months, like at least four to five months. You have to be patient, it can take some longer than others to feel normal. I still have never gone back to feeling like I was pre H and this is a yr later, but I'm OK w my new normal u guess. Hang in there.

I knew I was feeling extra crappy. I have lesions again. The clinic won't write me a script unless I come back in and wait to see a nurse again... and like I said I dont have a gyno appointment until the 30th. What do I dooo. I can't stop crying. This is so uncomfortable.

I def did this to myself. I went to the gym and then went on a bike ride with my brother because it was beautiful out. Now I'm seriously paying for trying to enjoy my birthday.

Who did you get them from? The GYNO or someone else? Can you go to urgent care? A lot of times the pharmacy will give you some for a hold over till your script gets filled again.

Don't feel bad, I was in pain on my bday too. Take Epsom salt baths and spray Bactine on your bits