• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Rather personal question on herpes symptoms....

• 2 weeks later...

I used to get discharges that (back in the 80's) that odds are were from H and not from yeast infections/etc) which is what they told me) ... Assuming I am right I can tell you that it went on and off for several years (in part likely because I wasn't getting treated for the cause) and then cleared up. I don't have any issues with discharges now.

I'm having the same issue and I'm wondering the same thing.... at the onset (10 days ago) there was heavy discharge, slightly yellowish, I'd go through several liners every day. It's been decreasing little by little though. I was on antibiotics for a UTI, which may have helped. I've been on Valtrex for about 9 or 10 days now, and the sores are long gone. I may get my rx refilled so I can take it another 10 days, I'm hoping it will help normalize things. I have a follow up appt. with my gynecologist next week and will discuss all this with him. So much to sort out now... I'm so glad I found this community!

@Danaaaaaasaur

I was told that I had either a yeast of bacterial infection so I was on some sort of anti-fungal or antibacterial a lot ... mush of the time they didn't work...

I DID learn that if you have a partner that they should be treated for the yeast or BV at the same time because they often are passing it right back to you ....

Otherwise at some point whatever it was, my body finally got it under control :p

• 1 year later...