• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Tingling in arms and legs.

tooold

Hahaha. I've had some pretty crappy gynos too. I don't have the nerve pain anymore like I had during my primary, what I do have, is a constant tenderness down my crack and butt Bone's. Some days are worse than others. It doesn't bother me so long as the surface is cushioned, but sitting on a bar stool, bench or any hard surface w out a back, can be very uncomfortable. If I even pull my cheek at the bottom where those butt Bone's are, it hurts a little. Feels tender. I don't know if that's ever going to go away.

See, people who have overreacting immune systems from autoimmune diseases, have an issue w their body attacking itself. So nerve pain from herpes is when my immune system is attacking my peripheral sensory neurons that are infected w the virus. When this happens, it breaks the sheathing on the nerves, which then sends broken signals to your brain. Your brain doesn't know how to respond, so it responds w pain and/or paresthesia. I've come a long way from where I was at a yr ago, so I can only hope to god, that at least by year 2, I will be more like others who experience symptoms. Not ideal, but what can I do?

What is with doctors saying the neuropathy is only ever on one side?? Mine certainly isn't just one side!! And I was 23 when this pain started so it's not just a super old person thing. Mine is from HSV2 but my doctor knew straight away that the herpes caused it thankfully. It would be hell to have to try and convince a doctor that it's not just shingles that causes this! Hope you get some info soo @tooold :)

I'm thinking I may have Transverse Myelitis. My primary did mention the ID Dr. may want to do a spinal tap.

I'm glad you are making progress @2legit2quit

@Danaaaaaasaur does your doctor know a good primary in the Las Vegas area they could recommend to me?

She's in Australia, so she can't help you there. I have looked up the myelitis as being a possibility for me and believe that's what I developed, as a result of already having autoimmune diseases and then being infected w herpes. It even calls out that those who fought a viral infection and also have Sjogrens or lupus ( I have Sjogrens), are more likely to develop it as well. Makes sense.

Does your gyn think the nerve pain will ever go away? Maybe I should go to a ob/gyn. Probably be more sympathetic to my situation than my current PCP. :)

Yes... get thee to someone who is more likely to KNOW a little bit about Herpes ... and who will treat you with dignity and understanding :)

And I'd just call Westover about going off the antivirals but I think they recommend that you do go off them before testing....

Hope you get the nerve pain sorted out ... keep searching for an answer and be your own advocate... :)