• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Internal vaginal herp

You don't really. Outside of my primary, I'd not know if 1. My doc didn't open me up and say it and 2. Had I not have the discharge caused by it, I'd not know.

Outside of my primary, I've never had discharge again from an OB. The only way I knew I had an internal OB is on the third day of my period. At times it'd hurt to insert or remove a tampon anfbit would leave a discolored spot in the same spot every time on the tampon. Had I not used tampons, I'd never known... They don't hurt, so long as something is brushing up against them. It didn't even hurt w the tampon once in its place. I could feel a slight discomfort if I sat Indian style and leaned forward, it seemed like it made the tampons put more pressure where the sore was located at.

For me i get a definite pressure/cramp feeling, and I know it's not time for a period. Also my discharge changes a lot. I had it twice with the discharge, the first time it lasted for 2 and 1/2 to 3 weeks, the 2nd time it lasted 2 days. For now I take Valtrex daily and use condoms, and just try to monitor if I feel anything going on, which on Valtrex I honestly feel like 99% back to normal. Which, yes, it scares me too, because if i have one inside...I wouldn't know, and I just try to keep him safe, by monitoring how i feel, and i notice during those times my nuvaring starts to slip out, so that's a tell-tale sign something is happening for me :(.

You can only have the safest sex that you can have, that's possible w herpes. That means paying attention to your body and triggers, taking antivirals and using protection. Unfortunately you won't know for sure. It's a risk anyone takes anytime they kiss someone, have oral sex or even protected sex. .

You'll know if you have one inside, cause you'll feel it w penetration. If the condom is covering where the sore is ok, it's fine. Just can't guarantee you're not shedding outaide of that srea.

my initial outbreak years ago was all over

Now, I had a ob, few internal and was also unaware it was happening..the only clue I had that there was a problem was pain when urinating (on exit)....I did not have discharge but discomfort so I just figured it was a yeast infection.

Well here's my situation - I had a sore that I didn't even know about! I went to the doctor today to swab a cut that happens every.single.time after sex, and I wanted to be able to talk to my Gyno next week with more details.

So I sit on the table, and he immediately says "that's a lesion" (he's not "in" anywhere, looking with a light on my external parts. On the left? I asked. "Oh no, the one on the left looks like a cut. I'm talking about the one on the right"

EFF. I check myself every day, with a mirror. I feel for any itching or bothersome things and abstain when that happens. And yet somehow, I have a lesion that I didn't even know about! I checked with a mirror later, and I STILL don't see it.

These fuckers are so sneaky. I consider myself very on top of it, how could I ever claim to be symptom free if a lesion is there and I don't even see it?!

Hahaha.. I actually laughed at @wallyworlds comment, because I too used too check every single day like you guys are doing. You will eventually get over this phase. I wrote down all signs, symptoms, location, sensation ls, how many times a day and triggers for like 7-8 months, so I could learn my body w H, because it would change every two months. This will help you get more confident.

The cut you speak of is at the bottom V if your opening right? I had that for 8 months w every break out took and eventually stopped. I haven't been sexually active since having H (yes 1yr and 4 months)

Maybe give yourself a break from sex for a bit to let things calm down?

@2legit2quit it is at the bottom of the opening, but a little down and to the right. It's never painful, never itches, and always happens during sex. I see a scar there all of the time, and I know if I stretched my skin it would tear.

I gave myself a month long break from sex, and it still happened. Going to the gyno on Tuesday, so I will report back with details. I'm hoping there's a cream or something that can make my skin feel stronger - it just overall feels brittle, and I have white scars from various H tears (months later). She mentioned lichen schlerosus and I think there's a biopsy they can perform to see if that's what it is.

I had a biopsy several years ago and was diagnosed with Lichen, although my lesion was on my leg, and not itchy, it does appear much lighter

I also find myself looking for h...even went to a dr recently out of my area and said "that's is bothering will you check"...and saw nothing...I'm still a little clueless

Like my doctor told me, she wants to take My google search capabilities away from me.

My lichen did not look like the majority of pics on computer...it was often seen as one single lesion/spot on my leg...I honestly thought I had skin ca when I went in because it wasn't going away....they confirmed diagnosis thru biopsy.

I agree with Legit not to grasp and worry....(easier said then done I know)

I just use a topical cream on it if I see it, which is rare, I'm told my body brings it on from stress because I have no other underlying health issues (h now)

Just to help ease things let dr biopsy..