• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

why is this happening...

Background: had my initial (genital) OB at the end of june. After that, I had little relief... even while taking suppressive daily. I had almost weekly OBs. About a month ago I decided to stop taking my suppressive pills and my birth control. I haven't had an OB since then.

Yesterday, I wake up and my lip feels numb and tingly. I'm definitely getting a cold sore. I never remember getting a cold sore in my life. I dont doubt I've had hsv1, but in my adult life/memory I dont remember cold sores. I am so frustrated. I was just starting to cheer up and now I look disgusting. At least you couldn't see my OBs before. Now I just feel like a walking herpe. Am I going to get cold sores all the time now!? Whyyy does my body hate me. I'm a walking disease and can never even kiss let alone have sex.

people kiss all the time who get cold sores. It does not have the same stigma attached to it. With that said, go buy some campho phenique at CVS and apply frequently, it will clear things up.

I have a hard time controlling H. I'm on BC and on supprsive therapy... Stopping therapy made me have fissures on my anus that didn't bother me for months and developed chronic fatigue during activity, so I had to get back on meds. Everyone is different. You stopped both at the same time, so no tellign what the culprit is. Most everyone gets cold sores, so saying "Never even kill, let alone have sex again", is a bit extreme no? Sometimes it can be hard to keep our emotions in perspective when we let H consume us. Take a step back, focus on the day you are presently in and let each day guide you to the direction you need to make that day.

I noticed that when I took birth control, OBs and prodome were horrible. I stopped taking them

Everyone is dif. Not all peoples body chemistry is the same. I've found that boosting up on zinc and b12 helps and I do my best to stay away from cigarettes, coffee, and drinking too much alcohol. Thank God I quit smoking before I was Dx'd with H.

@justagirl72

Ok friend: A little education and small dose of tough love here:

1) Your body doesn't "hate you". A body doesn't have the ability to hate. It *can* try to tell you when you need to take care of yourself. But that's about it. So perhaps your body is trying to tell you that you need to change something in your life - it could be diet, exercise, stress, drinking, etc.

2) Big deal. You have a sore on your lip. I have had oral HSV1 since I was 4. Never gave it a second thought when I had an OB there. It was just part of life. If someone is turned off because you have something that 80% of the population carries, then that's Herpes being your Wingman and showing you they are a jerk, pure and simple. Sure, you don't want to kiss/give oral when you have an OB ... but there are lots of ways to be intimate and sometimes H gives us the excuse to find other ways to play ... BONUS!

3)

I'm a walking disease and can never even kiss let alone have sex.

I have had HSV1 since 4. HSV2 since my first sexual experience at 17. I've NEVER felt like a "walking disease" ... yes, when modern medicine brought asymptomatic shedding into the picture, I freaked for a few months. but even so, it was more because that was a whole new way of having to deal with the virus.

4) You say you can't kiss.... but up till now, you kissed plenty I assume ... and you were just part of the 80% of the population that has HSV1 orally. And until a few days ago, you were in the 80% of those who didn't know they had it. So why do you suddenly stop kissing? At least you KNOW to be cautious now!!! That's FAR better than finding out you have it when you gave some guy oral while having some weird sensation on your lip that you didn't know was Herpes, then finding out you have it when he comes to you with his test results. Now you know to be cautious.... but it doesn't mean you have to become a Nun :)

You are FAR from alone. And you will get through this. Promise :)

No worries about the tough love. No one can be tougher on me than myself.

My biggest fear is that this is a new infection and now I'm going to have to start the whole process over of getting hsv1 under control. Because getting ghsv under control has been awful and I just went a whole month without and OB. which is a record for me. I'm just going to assume I was exposed and just never had an oral OB before. Irk

But! What I will say, is that getting a cold sore was enough to make me break and share with my mom that I have ghsv. And she revealed that she has it too. Crazy. Didn't see that coming. I have shared my diagnosis with 3 people since being diagnosed and 2/3 told me they have it too.

I guess. I've felt okay about ghsv lately. I'd rather have a genital of than cold sore, honestly.

I have 2 new patches of blisters starting on my mouth and the others haven't healed. Help. This is so gross. How do I stop the spreading. I've been taking my suppressive and applying abreva 5 times a day with a q tip. Washing my hands obsessively. Taking lysine. What else? This is out of control. I don't want to go to work or leave my house.