• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Nerve pain remedies, any suggestions & recommendations welcomed

It's been a year a 3 months since I've been diagnosed with herpes. I seem to get outbreaks every 3 months now but that's not the issue. I have severe nerve pain/shocks/burning on the left side sometimes ride side pretty much on a daily basis. This has progressed after my year anniversary. I don't really want to take more meds as I already do suppressive therapy. I've been doing a little research, has anyone tried St. John's wort oil? Any other recommendations are welcomed. It's just a big annoyance, wearing jeans are the worst lol.

I tok had serve neuropathy the first four months after my primary. Then for 9 months, had non stop paresthesia. I had about one or two obs a month during that time. When I hit a year, I basically had no paresthesia, but have had for 5 months now since that one year mark, back to back obs. Other's in here have had the same issue once they hit their one year. It's quite strange actually.

Have you tried doubling your dose to see if that helps? There's nothing more you can do outaide what you're doing for neuropathy, w out taking a nerve pain med like Neurontin. I took that for four months. Although I don't have nerve pain anymore, I almost have discomfort in my buttock bones and back of thighs, when sitting in hard surfaces. I can't handle them any longer.

Your risk using meds w no condoms are like 2% I think. You can only do the best you can hun. You will have to learn to get comfortable w the risk that will always be there.

Accupuncture has been great for calming down the tingles and the twitches for me. I can go about two weeks and then I definitely need a session. If I go too long without it, it starts to feel like I have a knife stabbed in my leg or a goathead in my buttcrack. :/

• 4 years later...