• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

I had sex with a guy and did not disclose

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The big difference if I am correct is the price correct 2Legit2Quit? I know my Valtrex in NY is over $200 a month for a 30 day supply of 1 gram tablets. I am on medicaid luckily. So I only pay a $1 copay I believe. If I do not have good insurance at some point and have to I might have to change myself due to being on it for supressive. Being on supressive not only helps when I disclose which I am batting zero on sort of. But helps me sleep at night anxiety wise. I don't like the fear of not knowing when I might have an outbreak and having to get the medication. Everyone is different. I had an urgnent care dr who had HSV 1 tell me he only took it when he had an outbreak it was too expensive and too hard on the body. This medication can be very hard on the kideneys and liver.

I am not sure what 2Legit2Quit opinion is on it. But when I called my dr I had shaved and had bumps down there I think they've healed I was unable to drive an hr to my office one way and not able to get a call back or a sooner appointment till the 7th of january for my primary but I was told that to just continue to take the medication like normal when having an outbreak and it will clear up is that correct?

Well medicine in general taking everyday is bad as hell for kidneys! N too many pills n mgs

Kill me now lol. I wldnt even when im in a relationship or having casual sex.

Which im now calming down from

I have insurance but idk what the price is yet. They will call me when its ready . I hope i

The difference is vlatewxwhas a longer shelf life than the one that starts w an A. You have to take that one more than once a day, vs valtrex just being once a day. That's the only difference, along w A being out longer and is likely cheaper for that reason, as it was the first antiviral that came out for H.

It's not too hard on the body, unless someone previously had liver and/or kidney issues. Other wise, it's not different than taking a multi vitamin.

Anti-virals actually have minimal affect on your liver unless your liver is already damaged. So don't worry about that.

Some people have better results with one of the meds over another... so I'd just start with whichever one your Dr prescribed. Given you are doing it Episodically (ie, if you ever have an OB) it's no biggie which one you start with.