• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

what's the difference between herpes 1 and herpes 2?

So when I got my test results back last week they informed me that I had simplex 1.it is gh. I have tried to do research on the internet for what's the difference between simplex 1 and 2. Also on gh in general. Almost everything I read contradicts the last thing I read. How does simplex one affect you differently in the genital area than simplex 2? I'm hoping that the good things I read are true like typically its not as severe because its out if its area. Idk it just all confuses me. Since I've only known for a week that I have it. I'm already starting to come to terms with the whole thing and accept that I have it...I've realized there's nothing I can do about it since we all know that I well have it the rest of my life.there are times I just sit there and cry when I wonder how will I tell people in my life since before my sex life was so open.it has definitely opened my eyes to be more safe and maybe now I will get to know someone before jumping in bed with them.sorry I'm rambling I just need to get it out.I took the valtrex that the doctor prescribed me and I believe it helped a lot.also idk if this is weird but I put desitin on my sores and they were healed up quite a bit the next day.is it better to take the antibiotic everyday got the rest of my life or just when I'm having an outbreak? Id prefer to not have them or have as few as possible...I was in so much pain and I work in the medical field and I could barely walk...I don't want this to undereye with my job

Hey CRM!

Start here:

http://herpeslife.com/hsv-1-hsv-2-types-of-herpes/

50% of new genital herpes cases are HSV-1 from oral HSV-1 being passed through oral sex. It's super common. And you're right, having genital HSV-1 does mean that on average you'll have less outbreaks with less severity, but it all depends on your overall health and how your body deals with the virus.

... and here are a few handouts to read over that go into more clarity around all this. If you have any further questions after reading up on it, let us know and we'll jump in to hopefully clarify!

http://herpeslife.com/resources/

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

• 2 weeks later...