• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

How long does everyone wait to have sex after an OB?

Hey Everyone,

First let me start by saying everyone on this forum is awesome and I appreciate everyone being so loving and accepting. I have had H for about 3 years know and Im still getting to know my body but for the most part i can tell when im about to have an OB. I am in a happy open fully disclosed relationship but i wanted to know what others think and do? Ive seen this question come up and I know there is no real true common answer but I thought this category might be the place to see what people have to say and if they can share their experience. How long do you wait after your ob to get back to sexual intercourse? Its crazy to find some non sense on the web but I feel there might be others who just wonder about this. I know i do and love to hear other peoples stories about their "down time" and when they feel its ok to be active again (of course being fully disclosed)

Thank you

• 4 months later...

Thank you for asking this question, because I was wondering the same thing! Does it make a different if you are on suppressive therapy or treat it when it appears kinda approach?

Im currently having my initial OB so no sex will be happening as of right now, but my doctor just gave me a 10 day dose of acyclovir. She said we can do supressive therapy if i have reoccurring OB's. I really wanna do supressive cause the idea of going through this again scares the hell out of me. I have anxiety so simply saying don't stress doesn't help, but i wish it did.

TO be honest Im so afraid to try sex or shaving (i just hate hair down there on me) cause I read they can be triggers so I don't know when to attempt sex once all signs of this OB are gone. I fear I may stress myself into another OB thinking about it. We believe stress triggered my first OB; newly diagnosed but believe not newly infected (all signs point to sometime in the past 1.5 years).

• 1 year later...

Man if I waited that long with my autoimmune conditions I would never have sex again with constant outbreaks. Not that I have been anyway. Might as well end my stupid life because my sex life is officially over!!!! All because some stupid piece of shit couldn't keep his hands off me and sexually assaulted me. It won't EVER get better for me. At least you people have 7 to 10 days to recover and make sure. I wait that long and BAM ANOTHER ONE. I hate my life!!!!!!!! Pretending to be positive about this kind of diagnosis only works if your other organs aren't busy screwing you over and even then like I'm sorry but who are we trying to kid here? Sorry to be cynical but come on now... for people who are really sick this just isn't going to improve. There wouldn't be people who wait almost an entire decade to have sex if there were. I just wait to smash my head through a wall so badly because I can't fuck1ng take this anymore!!!! My life is a joke!