• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

I have had herpies 30 years

I have had herpies for 30 plus years. I am female. I know when I got it....it was during sex and the condom came off. He never told me he had it. After I was diagnosed, I confronted him and he admitted that he was having an outbreak at the time the condom came off. Fast forward......I have been married for 21 years and have not passed this on. I have HV2. We always use condoms during sex, but have oral sex more than any other type of sex and he does not have it. I just wanted to share this and prior to my marriage, I had a relationship I. Which we also used condoms and never passed it to him either. When I started dating my present husband and told him I had herpies.....he said I'm going to be the last person you ever have to tell. What a man!

I would like to see other positive stories such as mine. I hope I've given hope to those who need it.

No doubt, it will happen. I am very lucky.....I've only had to tell two people snd they both were om with it. I remember the first outbreak I had after dating my now husband......he said, can't we just cover it with a bandaid? Lol. I just recommend using a condom Everytime you have sex.....it has,worked just fine for us. I think the longer you have Herpies, the less often you shed.

Hi again...I guess I meant more stories of long time HV2 carries who have had success in not passing it on is what I'd like to see more of. You've had it almost an long as I have.....do you have HV2 and have you passed it to anyone that you know of. Do you have a success story on those lines? Realky interested in seeing those types of stories.

Yes, I ave HSV 2. Never passed it on that I know of. Since I was diagnosed I've only had 2 partners. The first had Oral HSV 1. Haven't talked to her in well over twenty years, so if I passed it on shes never told me. Except for 1 time I always wore a condom when we had sex. The second, my wife, also has HSV 2 so passing it on has never been a concern.

Another interesting twist. My husband has stage 4 kidney cancer and is doing pretty darn well. He is on pill form chemo forever. Even at this point when hulls immune system is quite compromised, he still has not gotten herpies from me. So I hope this helps tons of people to know that safe sex can do wonders in preventing spread

Here is a link for you in reference to shedding that might help

http://m.jid.oxfordjournals.org/content/203/2/180.full

I have been living with hsv2 for almost 30 years, but first and only breakout that I'm aware of was not diagnosed as h, but upon showing my old chart to 3 Drs they all agree it was h.....hsv1, I have no idea how long I've had it.

So have I passed it on all these years unknowing? Via shedding, or very mild outbreaks that I was unaware of? I don't know, and I'll never know.

I will never deal with the h disclosure issue, or antivirals, because I don't plan anytime in the new future of going near anyone h negative.

Thanks for the shedding article. I've read so many. We will just keep doing what we do. We have oral sex more than any other type of sex.....and eit her oral or intercorse once per week).......so there is another positive that it is very rare to pass on oraly (HV2 I mean)

You can edit - scroll over the upper right side of the comment and you should see a settings type button that has a drop down with the edit feature.

I tell people Herpes can hep you to have an excuse to learn other ways of playing other than straight up sex... we had a gret discussion on here about that awhile back :)

http://herpeslife.com/keeping-your-partner-herpes-free-can-be-super-sexy/

http://herpeslife.com/herpes-forum/discussion/5807/list-the-ways-to-protect-my-partner-from-getting-herpes-hsv2

• 2 months later...

@katidid, I've had it since 99, but cant share any positive non-transmission stories because I've only been with my husband. (Definitely HSV1 positive, no idea if he has HSV2).

I completely understand using condoms at this point in your life because he has cancer. But before, didn't you ever have the urge to go condomless? Didn't he? I can't wrap my mind around a relationship that has lasted that long and yet you've never went raw. Amazing.

@MMissouri it's always been his choice to use a condom and it's just how we roll....the only time it's ever bothered me is when he bought some with spermiside on them by accident and I guess I'm alergic.....it absolutely set me on fire!!! I'm sure he'd rather go raw.....I know he would, but this way has kept him virus free so far. Having said that, we have more oral sex than intercorse as we know the transmission rate to mouth is 1%....and how many men can say they have that much oral sex that are married and it's not their "birthday blow job"?? Lol