• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

I have had herpies 30 years

@Hippyherpy not sure transmission is any different male vs female as far as oral sex and hvs2 goes. It's apparently very, very low as according to what I've read, there are very, very few cases of hvs2 on mouth.......something like 1% and I've never seen it specified male/female.

@MMissouri yes, exactly! I've never heard the first complaint out of my husband. He's a very special man.....even through this cancer and he just had a surgery yesterday. He is one of a kind. He said (jokingly)....if it wasn't for H he prob wouldn't get nearly the oral attention lol so tit for tat!

He does have cancer and has been on chemo ( pill form) for three yrs. He does very well considering. However, he has a plethora of medical problems and I doubt he wants H on top of everything else. It's just a personal choice he made and he seems to be just fine with it.

I got hsv2 from a bf who knew he had it and didn't bother to tell me. Ive had it for 10 years now and never had an outbreak and Im in immunosuppressive therapy for an autoimmune illness. It boggles me how I haven't had an outbreak with my immune system being suppressed. Ive used condoms when I was single been married now for 6 years and my husband hasn't had any outbreaks but he hasn't been tested either. I don't understand how you can shed a virus that has never been to the surface of your skin.

@WCSDancer here's a question I have pertaining Hvs2. You would think having had this over 30 yrs I'd know the answer. I understand you can shed H virus so many days out of the year without having syptoms and you obviously shed a great deal while having symptoms. I understand skin to skin (genital to genital) can aid in transmission, but is skin to skin transmission only if you are shedding or is it possible at any time your genitals touch the other persons genitals???