• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

HSV1- questions

So I just found out my results and my blood and culture results are positive for HSV1. I also realized when I ask my doctor to test me for everything back in April that didn't include herpes, like I thought. So this would be my first herpes testing. As far as I know I've had cold sores growing up but never thought anything of it my mom said it was from stress, so I am not sure if I've always had HSV1.

I am concerned now that I had my first out break on my genitals because I haven't received oral in quite a few months, so why did I just now have an outbreak? I did recently have unprotected sex but we did not do oral, I also ended my period two days prior to my symptoms. I am not sure if those could be a reason I just now got symptoms on my genitals.

Also since now I have HSV1 positively genitally, but assuming orally as well should I steer away from receiving oral since that is where my outbreak occurred? and how likely am I to pass it orally with no sores in my mouth?

I asked the doctor to prescribe more a daily dosage since I am pretty active...I don't know how active I will be now finding my results but just in case.

Next question is g-HSV1 more or less transmittable through unprotected sex if I didn't have sores?

Last question since HSV1 is commonly oral how likely is it for me to have another out break on my genitals?

Many things can cause an outbreak; weakened immune system, stress, rough sex/irritation, hormone fluctuations, etc.

There are stats on the forum if you read the welcome page or through the posts. What exactly you do at this point is really up to you and your partners. The antivirals should help with shedding and transmission. Oral sex both ways (giving and receiving) is going to be your biggest concern. I don't even think there are stats on genital to genital transmission of HSV1 as of yet. But I wouldn't take that as a green light, I would still be careful with intercourse (condoms etc).

Since you already have HSV1 orally, I would think that your genital outbreaks would be milder/less frequent. I can't say for sure, but it seems like a logical assumption.