• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

4 months of misery, antivirals or let virus run its course

I contracted ghsv1 4 months ago. Since my original horrible outbreak it has been 4 months of a continuous cycle of prodrome, outbreak, recovery and the recovery is just as bad as the outbreak with terrible nerve pain at my pubis symphysis. I have been taking acyclovir at first sign of an outbreak for 5 days like the doc said. But it seems like as soon as I stop, prodrome starts again. I went to the doc yesterday and she put me on Valcychlaclor for 3 months. My question is this. Could the antivirals be preventing my own body from fighting off the infection like it should? Maybe I should just let the virus run its course. I have completely changed my diet. Totally clean eating. No sugar, no alcohol, no wheat. Take lysine, b vitamins, vit c, propyis. My whole life has changed. Going in the sun now makes me feel like a vampire about to burst into flames. I am so sick of this. My stress level is so high, son on drugs, best friend dying, broke from missing so much work cuz during the OB I can't even lift my head my body is so fatigued. I meditate, work out, walk the dog but the stress is always there. Should I go on the 3 month drugs or just let it run its course? Does anyone have any experience with this? I'm so miserable. I miss my old happy self.

The cause of your outbreaks is your stress. Stress is very powerful and run havoc on your body. Worrying about the viscous herpes cycle alone is stressful on top of every thing else. Go on the valtex. Why put yourself through more turmoil when you can prevent it. One blue pill a day will relieve so much. If you still feel prodomes or have outbreaks take 2 pills, 1000mg. Good luck.