• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Outbreak?

So I have this one.open sore ans.I'm.trying to figure out if its a liason or a bump that I irritated while wiping myself. Its only one and it doesn't hurt. I wasn't given any meds for an outbreak cuz my ob said i would never get an outbreak. I do however have 500 mg valtrex just invade I wanted to have sex. I don't know what it is and I don't know what to use on it if it is a liaison. I guess I feel it cuz it's there but it really doesn't bother me. I have no insurance so what's something I can buy if it is an outbreak to be on the safe side.

Why would your ob say you would never get an outbreak? And I'm also confused because you said you don't have meds for outbreaks but you have valtrex (which is one of the meds prescribed for herpes).

If it is an outbreak, there are threads on here that you can read that give you many options for home remedies to fight the outbreak from the outside. WCSDancer usually posts that information. Look for her name and read through her posts.

He told me to take the valtrex if I wanted to have sex. He never explained anything to me he just said u have hsv2 and since you haven't had an intial breakout you probably won't have one. He never said well if you have an outbreak take this valtrex twice a day for 3 days. My doc gave me nothing useful to help me so that's why I posted. I was under the impression that there were different doses for outbreaks. I don't know anything about what I have. Ask my ob why he down played it and said I'd probably never have a outbreak. But I went to the er. I'm good.

Many people carry herpes and just don't know. Either they don't have outbreaks or their outbreaks are so mild they don't recognize it. Some people carry it for years and then one day have an outbreak. It varies.

If you are having an outbreak, valtrex is one of the medicines they could prescribe, so you already have that if you need it. I'm not sure what the prescribed doses for outbreaks are, as I don't take any meds personally, and it's been awhile since I've been on them (last few weeks of pregnancy). I think it was a pill a day. Sometimes people double up when they are having an active outbreak, but you should really get that information from a doctor (doses/mg/etc).

There have been threads saying taking L-lysine helps some people. But you're not sure whats going on there, so I wouldn't start doing a bunch of unnecessary things until you are. Read through the forum. There is a ton of information here.