Jump to content
  • Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

    Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

What doctor to see?

Recommended Posts


I was first diagnosed with GHSV-1 by the NP at my college clinic. While I got along well with her, she was much more concerned about my birth control than the recent herpes diagnosis (plus I'm graduating soon and cannot keep going to this clinic). I am looking for a physician or nurse practitioner with experience with herpes or STIs. I was thinking a gyno would be best since I tend to notice symptoms around my period and my current birth control causes a lot of abnormal bleeding. If anyone has any insight I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks!

Link to comment

An gyno would be your best bet for sure. I think it is pretty common for periods to trigger an outbreak. I'm not sure if changing birth control would help this or not, but I would definitely ask since you are already having issues with what you are on currently.


Best of luck!

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...