• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Condoms and Suppressive Therapy

Hello All!

I've had HSV-2 now for 10 months. I was only the suppressive therapy for about 5 months straight after my first ob. I have been off the therapy for the last four months with no ob.

However, I met someone and started my suppressive therapy again aggressively, I took 1000mg of Valtrex for 5 days then continued with 500mg. We had sex and used condoms and coupled with the suppressive therapy and according to the disclosure booklet found on this site I hopefully have gotten my risk of passing it along down to a fantastic 1% over the span of a year, or worse case 2%, if the Valtrex hasn't fully suppressed the virus yet, by the use of condoms.

I'm just worried if I pass it along. It's one thing to talk about having it and taking precautions, its another to hear that you give this to someone you care about.

But in all seriousness, my first ob sucked. But it was no different then what one would go through getting Chickenpox or mono which are other herpes viruses. The stigma surrounding this is ridiculous, especially so one 2/3 of the globe has HSV-1 and 1/3 has HSV-2

You likely did not pass it on.....so relax!!! Continue to use condoms along with your anti virals.....I'm not going to say "always disclose" because I feel it's the "other" persons place to ask too! You are safer than most of the population who don't/doesn't know they have H.