• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

What are your mild outbreaks on antivirals like?

I am not yet diagnosed with herpes, but I needed to stave off my first outbreak so the doctor gave me antivirals and I've been taking a lot of them. My outbreak so far involves strong temporary episode of pain inside of the upper/middle area of my cheek, this on my lip http://i.imgur.com/BSI5phS.jpg, and eczema like symptoms on my forehead. The lip spot and forehead issue developed like a 5 days after I was exposed to by a terrible partner, and that was saturday/friday and we are now 4 days after that (9 days in total).

lol, I'm sorry but your post sounds kind of funny. You haven't been diagnosed yet, but you are already on antivirals to "stave off" an outbreak? How do you know it is herpes? What do you mean you were exposed by a "terrible partner"? Did they disclose to you that they have it? Maybe you're just afraid and it's psychosomatic.

I would not call your partner "terrible" for giving you oral hsv1. Nobody discloses it and most adults have it. Most get it as kids from a family member. So if you have oral hsv1 now you are amongst majority of the population. Very possible you had it before.

I would not call your partner "terrible" for giving you oral hsv1. Nobody discloses it and most adults have it. Most get it as kids from a family member. So if you have oral hsv1 now you are amongst majority of the population. Very possible you had it before.

I had an STI test done, including blood work for HSV (my provincial health insurance wont cover the test to distinguish between strains) and everything came back negative. I don't think what she had was HSV-1 though, it was on her breast. She didn't tell me she had blisters or anything. That's why I consider her terrible.

lol, I'm sorry but your post sounds kind of funny. You haven't been diagnosed yet, but you are already on antivirals to "stave off" an outbreak? How do you know it is herpes? What do you mean you were exposed by a "terrible partner"? Did they disclose to you that they have it? Maybe you're just afraid and it's psychosomatic.

Oh,I am really hoping it is psychosomatic. What I did was motorboat my partner, she had blisters (herpes gladiatorum) on her breast, it was dark and I only noticed it after she had to turn on the lights to find her bra. She won't tell me if it is either HSV-2 or HSV-1. I'm hunching that the first episode of my outbreak occurred at onset of when redness on my lip and the eczema like symptoms on my forehead simultaneously appeared. She isn't disclosing anything, she is insisting it is just pimples that look very much like shingles.

I don't think you can stave off an outbreak. You will get your first outbreak regardless. I was given it to reduce the symptoms.

You may not see a positive blood test for 3 months. SHE should be the one getting a blood test. But really, if you saw it on her breast it doesn't sound like herpes. Go to a commercial lab, I got my tests for HSV1 (which was negative) and HSV2 for $49. I think it's important to know which one it is.

you can get a blood test done to identify which strain in Ontario don't know about other provinces I paid $140

frankly imo the provincial paid one isn't very accurate

I am one of the 10 percent of people who will always test negative on that combined Elisa blood test

I only showed positive on the immuno blot one I had to pay for

ur other choice is western blot which is to travel to USA to get most accurate test though

u can arrange through westover heights clinic

it is possible she had it on her breasts but not likely

I don't think she's terrible bc she has it she may not even know she has it anyway

you likely have kissed many people who are asymptomatic with hsv1 in your lifetime

good luck hope it goes well

Herpes gladiatorum is caused by HSV1 if I'm not mistaken. Moterboating her? I still think that if you are truly positive, this is going to be the oddest case of transmission I've ever heard of.

If she does have herpes gladiatorum, odds are she probably isn't aware it's herpes. She probably does think it's something else. How many people actually know of herpes gladiatorum? Which brings me to ask... How do you know of such a thing? I mean you immediately thought of herpes, which I find odd also.

Even if you had full panel of STIs done, that doesn't mean anything. Herpes is not included in those. Herpes is considered as a mild skin infection for the medical community. Your first outbreak is typically the worst. You don't have stigma attached to oral hsv1 (as it is for those that have genital herpes). Almost everyone has it. You will be ok :-).

Herpes gladiatorum is caused by HSV1 if I'm not mistaken. Moterboating her? I still think that if you are truly positive, this is going to be the oddest case of transmission I've ever heard of.

If she does have herpes gladiatorum, odds are she probably isn't aware it's herpes. She probably does think it's something else. How many people actually know of herpes gladiatorum? Which brings me to ask... How do you know of such a thing? I mean you immediately thought of herpes, which I find odd also.

Both HSV-1 and HSV-2 can cause Herpes Gladiatorum. The doctor said that, based on my description of shingle like blisters (which I had; and which she can't have because shingles is utterly utterly painful) and the grouping of the blisters, that it is likely herpes. I just don't know if it is HSV-1 or HSV-2 unless she disclose.

Even if you had full panel of STIs done, that doesn't mean anything. Herpes is not included in those. Herpes is considered as a mild skin infection for the medical community. Your first outbreak is typically the worst. You don't have stigma attached to oral hsv1 (as it is for those that have genital herpes). Almost everyone has it. You will be ok :-).

It could be also HSV-2. HSV-2 and HSV-1 can cause the whole rainbow of herpetic infections, the worst two being herpes encephalitis and herpes keratitis. I know first outbreak is the worst, which why I'm so scared about doing the right thing about not autoinoculating my other body parts and taking anti-virals to prevent the effects.

you can get a blood test done to identify which strain in Ontario don't know about other provinces I paid $140

frankly imo the provincial paid one isn't very accurate

I am one of the 10 percent of people who will always test negative on that combined Elisa blood test

I only showed positive on the immuno blot one I had to pay for

ur other choice is western blot which is to travel to USA to get most accurate test though

u can arrange through westover heights clinic

it is possible she had it on her breasts but not likely

I don't think she's terrible bc she has it she may not even know she has it anyway

you likely have kissed many people who are asymptomatic with hsv1 in your lifetime

good luck hope it goes well

I'm in ontario also. The doctor said the covered test is a blood test that can't distinguish strain but that test has to be done some weeks after the outbreak. So here is me just counting down the time, hoping if it is an outbreak, it doesn't get any worse or more painful it is now.

how come you didn't Swab it?

Doctor needs to take a sample of fluid in blisters within 48 hours of appearance

I used gamma dynacare lab for distinguishing between hsv1 and hsv2

shingles comes out very many ways

this could even be a coincidence u got shingles after this encounter

but she had blisters so I get why you are worried

all you can do is swab blisters and I would do a blood test now that distinguishes type then once at 4 months post encounter and compare results seeing seroconversion of negative to positive will help you explain

I wish you well

I know you are stressed but it should settle down if it's hsv1 or 2 and u have joined about 80 percent of population

still sucks I get it and sucks also bc getting it from breasts is unusual

there are always risks with sexual activity which sucks but it is what it is

even if u get the girl to blood test it still won't explain what's on her breasts unless she Swabs the blisters

the blood test will just say hsv1 which she may just have orally or hsv2 which she may just have genitally

honestly your best bet is to get yours Swabbed or wait for seroconversion on your type blood test. use same test when trying to determine negative to positive for best results

FYI doctors in Ontario are not very knowledgeable about tests out there for herpes and also really misinformed on best practises

if you need advice let me know

but I would Swab your blisters

and do a blood test now which is type specific and then do a blood test at 4 months post encounter.