• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

So Confused- Help!

I found two separate prescription bottles of Valtrex in my girlfriends' closet. One from January and one from April. Both are for 10 pills and both bottles are full of all 10 pills. So she hasn't taken any...what does this mean? She's never mentioned having herpes and I've obviously never suspected it but just don't understand why someone would have two full prescriptions for Valtrex...

Have you talked with her about it yet?

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

@sullengirl388 Could you maybe say "Hey, I feel weird and embarrassed about looking at your stuff, but I saw something that concerns me and I feel the need to talk about it."

She might have oral HSV1 which most people have and do not disclose, especially if they don't get cold sores all the time. She might have the pills in case she gets an outbreak of cold sores. For instance, some people keep pills to take on tropical vacations because sunlight can trigger oral HSV outbreaks.

Also possible she had a scare where she thought she had symptoms and was prescribed medicine just in case but then tested negative.

Also possible she has genital herpes (type 1 or 2) and has not yet disclosed to you or does not plan to disclose to you.

If you've never actually had a conversation about STI status, you could do that now and ask if she knows her HSV status. Most people do not know their HSV status, including at least 80% of people who are HSV+, but if she has medication, it's likely she was tested, regardless of the outcome.

If you've ever discussed cold sores and you have revealed that you have ever even once had a cold sore, it's also possible she felt it was unnecessary to disclose to you if she has HSV1, even if it's genital, since previous history of a cold sore would almost definitely mean you are already infected with HSV1.