• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

What if I gave him Herpes?

Hello,

So I posted a little while back about my partner going back and forth about using condoms or not, and we talked and have gotten a lot closer, and he said he was comfortable going without. I'm on daily suppressive therapy.

Wednesday, he told me he thinks he has "the flu". Fever, aches, upset stomach. I remember the fever and aches I got when I had my first outbreak (I thought I had the flu too). I'm really worried that I may have given him herpes. He has not said anything about genital symptoms or actual sores. I haven't had any outbreaks in quite a while, and have been taking Valtrex daily.

I know he knew the risk as did I with not using condoms, but I don't know how to handle it if I gave him herpes. Do men generally have the same symptoms with a first outbreak? Has anyone else had the flu-like symptoms for the first outbreak?

I will feel awful if I gave it to him, even though I know that even if we used protection AND daily meds, it was always a possibility. Anyone had experience with giving an informed partner Herpes?

I can relate to this 100% Every time my boyfriend gets sick I feel so concerned that i finally gave it to him :( The chances are so low if you are taking daily suppressant antiviral treatment which I do too. 2% is low! Its only a 1% difference if they use a condom or not.. I try to remind myself of that.