• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Still trying to understand all of this

First, I will say that this post may be TMI, but I just have no where else to turn. I have mentioned before that I was visually diagnosed with GH 2 years ago. It wasn't until last month that I had blood work done to find out which I have. The results were HSV 1 - 0.7 and HSV 2 0.08. Since anything below a 0.9 is negative, then it was all negative. However, I have been on daily meds the whole time so I figure that if I do I have GH, it's HSV 1.

I took the opportunity to get off of the meds and have been doing very well without them for the month.

My questions revolve around during recurrences with HSV 1. Particularly how do they show up. Basically, I haven't had sex in 8 months. My boyfriend and I had sex a few days and the 3rd time, I bled. After that, i had pain on the right side of the vaginal opening. There are no sores or redness anything. I can't tell if it's an outbreak or just a vaginal tear that needs to heal

I'd get another blood test done to be sure it wasn't a false negative - a visual diagnosis isn't reliable at all, since it can appear in such a variety of forms. Could the blood have been caused by a small tear during sex, given the fact that you were inactive for 8 months?

That's what I was thinking. And the pain is very localized to one spot. I hate this idea of just not really knowing. I am certain that I don't have HSV 2. The number is too low but the HSV 1 is a possibility. I will probably get bloodwork done in the near future.

By the way, I appreciate you taking the time to respond. Sometimes a simple response can mean so much by easing my mind.