• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Extreme fatique?

I'm hypothyroid, so fatique is nothing out of the ordinary for the past 15 yrs. However, I don't get a second wind anymore once my little bit of energy is exhausted for the day. In addition, the amount of energy I have normally is much less than it used to be. I was diagnosed in early June 2015. I've been working out 3 to 4 times a week since July 2015, so I theoretically should have MORE energy. I also seem to fight OBs often despite valacyclovir daily. Nothing major, but a tingle at least once a month. I'll take 2 pills a day for 2 or 3 days and it rarely turns into a full OB. Is all of this normal? I'm an active person. A typical weekend involves a day of kayaking and a couple hour hike, plus going balls to the wall at the gym 3-4 times during the week. This fatique is now mentally draining me. I wonder if I do too much physically and cause my body to look at it as stress.

@JenPhoenix40 it may be that you are still in the early stages of H and your body still trying to adjust. I aquired H at age 23 and I'm 58 now. In the beginning I had frequent ob's with no prodrome symp....it would just show up. As time went on, I had maybe 5 or 6 per year. I went on anti viral in March of this year and have not had one ob. I lift heavy 5 or 6 days a week and do a mini boot camp on days between lifting or pull a sled. Nonetheless, it has not caused me any stress or ob's. Everyone is different though. Do you take vitamins? That can really help. There is a multi vitimin called "Alive" for active women. I take one per day in addition to vitamin E, D, calcium and fish oil as well as anti viral. At 58 I can run circles around people half my age! I've always been very active....was a distance runner for 20 yrs....also biked long distance. Been weight training about 14 yrs. Working out is a de-stressor for me