• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Brother has herpes and I was diagnosed a couple of years back.

So I was talking to my little brother last month and told him abt my herpes diagnosis. My test came back positive for HSV2 at 11, but I don't recall ever having an OB. He told me that he had a Western blot test done and gound out that he was a carrier. Keep in mind that we have the same father and mother. Father cheated on mother repeatedly. I was taking antivirals as a preventative for my boyfriend. My brother wants me to get the Western blot test to see if I am a carrier or not. My doctor recommended waiting till I have what could be considered an OB then coming in for a test. *My brother is a nurse fyi-not an internet self dr. :)

My questions are this: Is it worth the money for a Western blot test?

Carriers can still pass but regardless antivirals help? My dr actually wanted me to stop taking my antivirals (another dr had given me the prescription) so how do antivirals effect if you don't have OB? Do I run to the dr everytime I feel something weird to see if it really is an OB? That is my main concern. I don't want to seem like the uber paraniod lady always running to the dr when her lady bits starting acting different when it is really nothing to get worked up about.

Funny thing is my dr actually has herpes and was rather blase about the whole thing. Made talking about it much easier. She even told me that she doesn't take antivirals and her husband is still H-after so many yrs of marriage.

• 3 weeks later...