• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Second OB?

Hey everyome, need some help and advice. I was diagnosed with HSV1 (G) in the beginning of June. I never had a chance to see my sores.

I had tried before about a month a half after being diagnosed but it was way to painful to continue. It hurt A LOT the next morning and thoughout the day, but stopped the next day. I was very concerned about getting an OB but didn't want to begin taking the antivirals.

I had full sex about a week and a half ago with another positive person. I experienced some pain, not too bad during sex (not to get graphic here, not too much foreplay and no lube). Afterwards, it was quite sore for a few days, then got itchy. Today, I can't be sure but I think I found a sore. Am I too late to take antivirals? When should I have started taking them? Did the friction of sex cause this? What can I do in the future? I am literally beginning to believe never going to be able to have normal sex again, (which logically after reading what you all have written, I know is untrue). I'd love some feedback here, thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

The antivirals work best when taken right at the start of an outbreak. So the soreness might not be an indicator (especially if you don't have sex frequently), but the itching may be. You will have to figure that out as you go unfortunately. I agree with Katidid that the friction is probably the culprit. I would try to be better prepared next time (foreplay and lube) and see if that changes things for you.