• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

1 year on, 1 birthday and hair loss?

It's been a year yippee!!! Things do get easier. I myself am not that bothered anymore, just a bit of an irritation every so often. The acyclovir means I worry far less. It's just a skin condition, I'm still me and I'm an awesome person, some would say too nice, but that's another story.

I've also had my first birthday since finding out (close to my anniversary) thankfully this year I had much better gifts!

Anyway this is just a question, I love acyclovir, I'm ine of the people it doesn't work great for (I take it 3 times a day instead of twice, fast metabolism apparently. And I still get the odd outbreak with irritation). Anyway it's given me my life back. However recently I've become slightly paranoid about hair loss. I've noticed quite a few strands of hair in the shower, more than I ever remember, but maybe I'm just paying attention to it. So few questions maybe it will help others that are worried too. It's been a 9 months since I started acyclovir would hair loss take this long to start? How common is it really? I know the Internet generally gives us worst case situations, so I'm sceptical of the amount of people that say they suffer from it is a real representation.

So has anyone here experienced hair loss in acyclovir? Do you think it's a "true" side effect or more related to stress from a diagnosis?

Thanks for the replies and chin up everyone, the future is still ours :)

• 2 years later...