• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Dealing with second outbreak

Hi all! Happy Monday. So quick back story.. I had my first outbreak beginning of June.. so it's been almost 4 months.. i was diagnosed with hsv1 which I guess I can count as lucky.. my boyfriend gave it to me without realizing the first time we had sex and we actually had our first outbreak together.. mine was wayyyyyy worse than his.. I had probably 25+ sores.. around my butt and everywhere.. walking sitting going to the bathroom everything was the worst pain I've ever had.. we read that putting Zinc sulfate on during your first outbreak could help stop the virus from attaching to your cells... well.. when they say that stuff burns,.. I almost passed out.. but it seemed to clear them up within a few days after..

It took me until recently to be able to have comfortable sex again.. the skin around my opening was super tender and sex was just so painful.. it just started to get better and finally was feeling like my old self again.. it sucked because we had just started dating and we couldn't have that beginning fun sex life that most new couples have.. but thankfully it brought us closer.

Anyway after finding out I have hsv1 I've been taking multi vitamins and lysine.. I was hoping I wouldn't get another outbreak again.. but I noticed a bump last night.. I lathered up on zinc and put it everywhere.. what's people's experience with their second outbreak? Especially when my first was so terrible?

Thanks in advance!!