• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Diagnosed a few months ago. New here

Hi everyone, I'm 27 and from the midwest.

I found out I had hsv2 in June. I was seeing a girl and got it after like the 20th time we had sex. She of course never told me before hand, but just last night she admitted to testing positive (and one negative) 20 years ago- she's 46. She claims she had never spread it to anyone else and so assumed she didnt have it.

I feel the typical - alone, isolated, afraid, hopeless. I had no one to talk to at all about it because my family is Christian and not open minded. There is one friend I may try to tell later...

It is so hopeless...one evil person on your life decides to do this, and you have a lifetime sentence of a scarlett letter. I havent been with any girls since then and probably never will. I probably should look into therapy...anyway that's my intro. Looking forward to hearing from anyone

You've come to the right place. Talk away. And read also. Herpes is pretty much what you think it is.. so if you think it's a scarlet letter and hopeless, it will be. Don't get me wrong, there are people that are misinformed and scared of herpes, and they may reject you. On the flip side, there are others that are educated or might just think you are worth the risk, and they will accept you. But acceptance starts at home, and you will have to work on that also.

Start with the stats, find out the facts. Jump into the threads. You are far from alone.

Welcome to the forum :)