• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Pimple-like symptom

Hi everyone! I'll keep this short. I saw a small pimple on my outer labia five days ago. I have no sensation symptoms (no itching, burning, tingling, etc.), nor did I feel anything prior to this. I started doubling my valtrex intake because I thought it's an outbreak. I kept monitoring it and noticed that the bump developed a white head, like a typical pimple. I touched it with a Q-Tip and could not feel any pain/itching/or any other sensation. Anyone experienced this before? You think it's an outbreak? The main reason for my asking is that if it's not, I'd like to know that if I have this experience in the future I maybe don't need to double up on my medicine if it's not an outbreak. My boyfriend thinks I should pop it, but I think I'll just let it be. Thanks for your feedback!

P.S. This forum is really great and everyone's input is super helpful!

I actually just had the exact same thing happen except I don't take Valtrex. I took pictures every day since I noticed it and scheduled an appointment with my doctor. My doc was very nice and assured me it was just a pimple especially after I showed him the pictures. I waited until he was done looking and diagnosing to show pictures and bring up my concerns and we did have a nice conversation about H as well.

Do you know what your typical symptoms are? I believe outbreaks follow a pattern once you've determined what your symptoms are.

I popped mine and made it look awful so you're probably better off leavin it alone. Sit in a hot bath 15 mins twice a day. If that makes it better it's probably just a pimple. The only way to know for sure is to see a doctor though!

Thanks for sharing ALittleMad. I haven't had very many outbreaks, so it's hard for me to determine if they're always the same or if they'll change. The two I experienced were very mild and I only felt itchy. But I did feel something, unlike with this pimple like thing. If I get this again, i might just go see my doctor to make sure. Thank you for sharing.