• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Different ways that genital herpes manifests itself .......

My initial outbreak of genital herpes (HSV type 1), four months ago, presented as:

A painful ulcer at the entrance to the vagina and another painful ulcer near the urethra, along with the classic first time symptoms of very high fever, flu like aching of muscles, headache, painful urination.....

Symptoms started to resolve shortly after I started a course of famciclovir treatment.

Since my initial outbreak, I have not had another outbreak. However, I have noticed other things which make me wonder.......

I often feel tingling around my lips/nose (although no blisters appear)

I often feel an itch in my groin area (right at the underwear edge line along the thigh crease)

I have experienced a couple of bouts of quite noticeable anal itching and some blood (bright red) on defecation

Are these ways in which herpes can manifest itself? If I am having these symptoms regularly, should I be considering a regular routine of anti virals??

Any comments from herpes veterans would be appreciated........