• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Disclosure went well now talking about sex... Question about Suppressive therapy

sw85

Hello!

It's early days but iv been seeing a girl last few weeks, and I disclosed last night on WhatsApp. We spent a great Sunday together and planned to talk to her then but I didn't want to spoil the day. I'll admit a factor was being scared to do it in person, it's easier through a message, anyway the methods not important. After initially being super shocked and scared I had the answers, I could explain most things, and moments later she was saying OK we just need to be careful when we have sex. I was pretty shocked that was even before I explained about tablets I could take to reduce the risk.

This will be the first time I'll have had sex since catching herpes 2 years ago and mentally iv battled with it ever since really. I'll do a full write up at some point particularly from male perspective as there's not so many stories for the guys. (there are some and they really helped me). In short become empowered do your homework, figure it out, and own it!

I wanted to check about Suppressive therapy. I've got 200mg acyclovir, I've read that 400mg twice a day / 12 hours is the dosage. Also it takes a week for the drugs to build up to be more effective at reducing risk.

Want to check my research, also iv got 200mg tablets. I can just take 2 tablets at the same time I. E. 2 x 200g =400mg twice a day?

Or do I need to take a 200mg tablet every 6 hours?

Thanks for any help... And perhaps this time next week I'll have had sex after a positive disclosure!