• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Is this a possible outbreak?

S123

I've has HSV-1 for 2 years and have not had an obvious second outbreak. However, I've been experiencing itching down there, (which was not a symptom of my initial outbreak). I read that that could be a prodrome symptom. After about 4-5 days, I noticed today that my labia minora are extremely swollen (which also occured during my initial outbreak. In fact it was the first sign of infection). I'm very red down there, and my actual vagina is also inflamed. I went to the doctor today to get tested for other STDs, as well as a yeast infection. However, the swollen labias have made me believe that this may be an occurrence. Has anyone experienced these symptoms as prodrome before, or as their outbreak overall?

I know there are also many other possibilities. I'm just curious as to what other people's experiences have been. Thanks!

@Katidid @MMissouri Thank you guys for responding!

I was thinking the prodrome may have been the itching. The swollen labia was a symptom I experienced right before my initial outbreak. But, it's been days and no bumps have occurred. The itching has greatly subsided, and it really only itches if I touch it (i.e. wiping after using the bathroom). I'm still waiting on my results from everything back. I've just never experienced a second outbreak, therefore I'm not really sure what the symptoms would look like (for me.)