• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Question on Herpes HSV2 detection window

If I had unprotected vaginal sex with a girl with possible HSV2, is it possible that I can result in a positive IgG blood test just 3 days later? Is there enough time to build up the antibodies in just three days to show positive result? I'm trying to figure out if I've had HSV2 for a while now and been asymptomatic or if I just recently contracted the virus. From what I've researched the normal window is about two weeks-6weeks to result in a positive blood test where the antibodies have developed. I am really curious to know what the least amount of time required is. Any experience or knowledge on this would be extremely helpful! Thank you!

In everything I've ever seen, it takes months for antibodies to reach detectable levels, so it sounds like you've had it for longer than this latest encounter. And IgG testing isn't all that accurate, unfortunately anyway. Gives a lot of false positives and false negatives. The gold standard is the Western Blot test.

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources: