• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Waiting for results

Hello everyone. About two weeks ago I felt like I was coming down with a yeast infection and the next day I had cuts on both sides of my outer labia. I had like five in total. Small ones went away in two days long one took almost a week to completely go away. They hurt so much when I peed. I went to the doctor and he wasn't really that helpful. Didn't really answer my questions and didn't say whether it looked like herpes or not but he took a culture and blood test. I am currently waiting for my results and I have been in a state of agony. I can not stop crying and looking up pictures of herpes. My question to you all is does this sound like a primary herpes outbreak? I was tested almost three years ago and it was negative however I have had unprotected sex with my boyfriend for a little over a year now. I have never experienced cuts like this before and I am so afraid. Waiting to receive the call is horrible this is taking such a toll on my health I can not eat or sleep. I also have nowhere else to turn as my boyfriend only gets mad when I bring it up and accuses me of cheating when I NEVER have cheated on him. Any support would really be appreciated. Thank you.

I felt just like you did when I found out back in June that I had GHSV1. It's definitely harder emotionally than it will be physically if you come back positive. Since being positive I actually have come across friends and family that have it too! Some genital some oral. You will be fine! Just be positive and find support, it definitely helps!

I never had a primary outbreak, but in the past year, my outbreaks have been some redness in the fold of one part of my inner labia that stings and itches without the skin being broken. I think there is a lot of variation of what outbreaks look and feel like for different people. I know how hard it is to wait for results. My doctor's office asked me to come in to review my test results and I had to wait several days for the appointment. It was agony. One day at a time, my friend. Once you have some definitive answers, you'll be able to move forward. {hugs}

Thank you for your answers. Waiting is horrible I just want to know already. I am pretty certain it is herpes as I've never experienced this before. If the results come back positive I don't know what I am going to do in terms of my boyfriend. He gets so mad whenever I bring it up and says the only way I could have gotten it is if I cheated. I love him so very much and losing him would honestly hurt more than anything. I just want this to me over. Sigh.

I sincerely hope that is not the case, but if you do test positive and your boyfriend is mad, I would encourage you to come back to this post and re-read this sentence about a million times: *I am not responsible for his reaction.* His reaction comes from a lifetime of his own experiences which go back a lot further than his relationship with you.