• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Jealous of HSV1 genital

Unless I understood incorrectly, I was reading an article that was saying that people who have HSV 1 genital rarely get outbreaks and if they do, they are so rare and since they barely shed, they don't even need to take antivirals. I'm still getting used to this but the OB, shedding, medication, risk of transmission are so incredibly depressing. I don't think I will ever be able to relax again if I'm intimate with someone,,,,,

On average, genital HSV2 sheds 2x as frequently as oral HSV1 and 3x as frequently as GHSV1. If you have a lot of anxiety about transmission, consider daily antivirals. On average, antivirals cut GHSV2 shedding rates to about the same frequency as oral and genital HSV1.

On average, genital HSV2 sheds 2x as frequently as oral HSV1 and 3x as frequently as GHSV1. If you have a lot of anxiety about transmission, consider daily antivirals. On average, antivirals cut GHSV2 shedding rates to about the same frequency as oral and genital HSV1.

Thank you for the info. At this point I just found out abt this and i'm not in a relationship.but I will definitely consider it. But another thing that I don't understand is why even if we have no outbreaks we still shed...

• 2 weeks later...

It's cool. No need to be sorry. Just gotta remember the grass isn't always greener. I'm sorry to hear you just found out about your status too. No matter which boat we are in, it's tough. Just educate yourself as much as possible. I just joined this forum and it's good to see there are a lot of people here with good insight and advice.

• 2 months later...

Right!!! Anti viral daily not only reduces ob's ( mine are completely gone over a year now), but reduces shedding and transmission rates as well. It will make you forget you even have this. I've never passed it on. I suggest everyone new read @hippyherpy's story from the beginning. He has huge success with the ladies!!!