• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

I need somebody to talk to..

I just need some help. I'm going through a lot right now and knowing that I have this just makes everything worse. It haunts my sleep at night and it's the first thing I think about when I wake up and the last thing I think about when I go to sleep and it's what I think about the rest of the day. I can't stop stressing about it. I feel so gross and unlovable. I feel disgusting. Is there anything that anybody else does to help them? I feel so alone in this..

You're not alone at all. A LOT of us have suffered the same feeling. I was recently diagnosed almost a month ago & though it didn't really surprise me because I had already felt like I had it(I was going through an outbreak) it's still a really hard pill to swallow. I'm still struggling with it just the same as you but educating yourself on the virus itself helps a lot. Especially depending on which type you have. I was tested positive for genital hsv-1 & I have TONS of questions. It's a learning experience for us all :). You're not alone, you're in the right place

Hey shn! I literally just had a HSV- friend complain to me that she hasn't had sex in 2 weeks and i wanted to scream lol so i can definitely relate to the negative feelings you're experiencing. I'm probably not the best to give advice because I'm still getting through it, but i think the biggest thing that has helped is doing research and understanding just how minuscule the chances of transmission are. I also read a lot of Ella Dawson's blog posts which made me feel a bit more positive about everything.(https://ellacydawson.wordpress.com). Feel free to message me if you ever want to vent :)

Hugs!