• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Herpes break out while in labor

All through my pregnancy been dreaming about having vaginal delivery and now 39 weeks pregnant got my first outbreak in a long time do to alot of stress Dr prescribed acyclovir when I went to his office after my break out started I had ask for valtrex but said he wouldn't be able to give this medicine to me until after birth now when he said on my first appointment with him he would prescribe valtrex I feel disapointed in myself for not reminding him about giving me an antiviral before this outbreak. I also been doing other remedies that helped my blisters dry up faster as well as boosting my immune system but I'm concerned that they might be in my cervix since Dr stretch out my cervix I noticed the outbreak appear 2 days after I've read alot of post that if you had herpes before you got pregnant you won't break out inside the vaginal or birth canal do to antibotics in you body that prevent this from happening but I'm still concerned about it. Will the hospital check for any signs of lessons inside and if I had an outbreak how far back can you have an outbreak before trying to deliver vaginally. I want don't want to risk my baby getting and willing to do c-section but just want to be sure if there is any possibility for safe vaginal delivery.

• 3 weeks later...

@Mar1212

Hello!

Well, sorry this didn't get answered and I expect that you have had your baby by now ... but I would have told you that at this point you just plain have to let the professionals help you figure out what the best route is when you go into labor ... yes they should look at the cervix for any lesions and if there's anything suspicious then a C-section is in order. It's a shame as most Dr's put carriers on Acyclovir for the last month to keep this from happening. In the future make sure that the Dr gets you on them for the last month... AND know that you can have a V-Bac and have a natural birth after c-section (I know, because I did it) for future babies...