• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Constant leg and scalp itching

I've had GHSV1 for about 3 years. I started taking suppressive Valtrex 2 months ago. I had scalp itching with an occasional bump before taking any meds but the leg itching is new and both are pretty constant. It's making it hard to sleep. There is a subtle rash on the itchiest area on my calf. I've heard of some people having symptoms like this after taking Valtrex.

Just want to see if anyone had experience with this or suggestions to relieve the itching. Lotions, conditioners, and aloe don't seem to help much. Was thinking of switching to Acyclovir. I heard that seemed to help some people.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Thanks for the tips. I think it was actully taking too much Vitamin B. When I read the label, 1 pill was like 1200% of the daily value.

When I cut that out, the itching reduced substantially. When I read about it, itching is a side effect of too much Vit B.