• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

First outbreak - question

Hello all!

I am finally recovering from my first outbreak. It was awful.

What makes it even worse is that I've only had sex with one man for the last six years. He swears he did not cheat on me, but two doctors have told me it's just not possible for me to have had this for six plus years with no outbreak until now.

He got tested and the blood work came back negative for hsv 1 & 2, however doctor said that it could take months for it to show up in a blood test. (My blood test was also negative.)

I don't know what to believe. I guess my question is could this recent outbreak be caused by sex with someone over six years ago?

Thank you for your time. My head is spinning.

based on what i read and knew, if u have this virus before you get to know him , then ur blood rest should come back positive for sure.

If you have it from him, so he should tested positive too.

But both tested negative on blood test now?

Thank you Nadia! Yes we both tested negative on the blood test. (He got his done two days after I did.)

My culture came back positive.

You're right, had I had this for so long, my blood test would have been positive.

Sigh