• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

HELP!! Is this herpetic whitlow from hsv2?

I found out I had genital herpes 8 months ago but now last night i noticed 3 tiny little sores on my fingers near my knuckles,not in a cluster but all sperate. I think its herpetic whitlow caused by my hsv2 I'm not entirely sure though. I'm now panicking as I can't find much info online. I have a small children and ofcourse we have skin contact like holding hands etc is it contagious before sores appear? Can herpetic whitlow cause cold sores or genital hsv? I'm petrified that my children will catch this from me. Someone please help

I would go see your doctor and have the sores swabbed and tested. There are so many things that can cause bumps onyour skin. Keep in mind that if the skin isn't broken, the swab may not pick up anything. But if that's the case, your doctor may have other ideas. Unless you touch genital sores and immediately touch other parts of your body without washing your hands, transferring HSV2 elsewhere is uncommon. Especially after the first year. An internet diagnosis is impossible, so give yourself some peace of mind by seeing the Doc. Good luck!

I showed my supposed whitlow to 3 doctors and they all shrugged. There's so many possible answers. The good thing is that the skin is very thick and rarely breaks. For me, the biggest clue was that I bit the skin around my nails and around the same time that I caught hsv genitally, I had a black bruise around that torn cuticle.. also that it returns every now and then.