• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

I think I gave my 4 year old Hérpes? And herpes whitlow?

Please help! My son has a tiny little dot/pimple looking thing on his lower lip? I usually give him a 3 second peck and his lips but this morning he woke up with that? :( It's about the size of a pen tip. I thought k I may have caught hérpes from my husband he has both oral and genital herpes type 1. Two days ago I got an outbreak (very mild as usual) and I have Type2 so I grabbed the outer part of my inner leg/vaginal area but almost positive I didn't touch the sore in order to put this lotion on me and this morning i woke up to a burning sensation on my left index finger-no bumps or anything (my sore is on my left side of vagina) and scared that I may have caught hérpes on my finger now?

Anybody with hérpes whitlow to tell me symptoms? PLEASE HELP. I don't want my 4 year old to have this nor do I want to have herpes on my finger. That would be the end of the world for me. :(

Its probably just a pimple on your son's lip. Keep an eye on it, if it starts to spread or becomes a cluster of dots then you may be right.

Whitlow is quite rare, burning could be due to leaving lotion on your finger? I have whitlow, and it started with a black patch on a torn cuticle (from biting). Then there were 3-7 quite big blisters on my finger which never opened. It repeated a few times in the first year. I don't remember the burning sensation, but the symptoms are very hard to miss in my case.

Btw, hérpes sounds so much better in my head than herpes!

Hahahah I have my Spanish keyboard and it autocorrects herpes to hérpes lol I don't know if I have HSV-1 as I've never had a cold sore but my husband does get cold sores -I'm assuming I prob caught it from him at this point /: I have never kissed my child for more than 2 seconds but then again-he is in daycare as well where he's at risk 24/7 with all the other kids. I would just hate for me to be the culprit.

What is the average time for a "cluster" to develop? I think this is his 2nd/3rd day with the little red bump right on the line of his bottom lip and nothing has "formed" per say. I have gone to get tested and HOPEFULLY it comes back negative. Pray for my little boy. Thanks for answering!