• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

The Irony

So Here's my story -

I met this really great guy. He was smart and funny and charming and after talking to him for awhile I hung out with him one night and we had sex. A lot of Oral sex too. I left sore because it had been awhile since I had sex, but then it didn't go away. And then 5 days later, I had sores. I called my GYN freaking out. She said it was most likely herpes. She told me it would get worse before it got better... and boy was she right. I have been in the worst pain of my life. Can't sit, can't stand, and the sores turned to blisters that have now popped. I told the guy who informed me that he couldn't talk to me anymore because he was getting back with his ex. But when I told him that he had possibly given me Herpes his reaction was "I will go to my doc next week. I didn't know I was a carrier." And then blocked me on Facebook and his phone. I was mad but now I am just hurt. I went to urgent care today because I couldn't stand the pain anymore and they confirmed it was herpes. They did a swab and now we just wait for the results. But we all know what it is. I go to my GYN tomorrow where I am going to ask for a blood test to verify I did get it from him. It's just been a hell of a week. The irony of this story is that this guys dad is a GYN surgeon. ONLY my life I tell ya.

Well, you're not alone. My story is remarkably similar but this isn't a contest. Out of curiosity, did you have unprotected sex? I did but my giver was taking medication. We had a lot of unprotected sex on multiple occasions but I don't think I contracted the virus until the night I didn't wait long enough after a wax.

My suggestion is to look for an upside to this whole situation. It won't be easy, I know. if you can find something good about it and focus on that, the sadness seems less significant.

For me, personally, I've been given another reason to say physically healthy through diet and exercise. And I now have to be more selective about my sexual partners (not that I wasn't before) and look for men who truly see my worth.

I did have unprotected sex. I am stupid. I am the one that lectures her friends about having unprotected sex and I did it. I am similar, I am pretty physically active and I am just going to focus on that from now on instead of a man. I have been through a lot in my life and if this is the worst thing I have to deal with I consider myself very lucky.

Dealing with it alone was worse for me than anything else. I told a trusted friend who has been with me through a lot. He told me the same thing I'd been thinking to myself. This is just my next obstacle to overcome. Struggle builds strength.

Wow your story is rough. What an awful person to completely ignore you after giving you H.

When I read this I chuckled a bit, because my mom is a NP of gynecology. It really can affect anyone I guess. She's given me a lot of good advice, but I'm guessing this guy hasn't spoken to his dad about his condition since he's going around spreading it

I think you're right about not talking to his dad. But honestly I don't believe that he didn't know. The nurses I talked to, the friend I told, my mom, they all said the same thing: "What a strange reaction for someone who didn't know." Also "I would have so many questions for you." I did message his ex girlfriend too. I had my friend (whose an RN) write it out so it would be completely unemotional. Just factual. If he reacted that way I thought that she deserved to know too and he wasn't going to tell her. I have no desire to ever talk to him again and I hope he really does get tested like he said he was going to. I wouldn't wish this kind of pain on anyone.

Not sure he knew he had h...until now

And, upon telling him, if he doesn't believe you

That sent him underground.

I'm not trying to make excuses, just throwing out ideas to maybe understand. H for people of ignorance is a very big deal.

Concentrate on you, find your smiles, get your treatment, and move forward.

Good luck