• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

I recently found out i have herpes ?? Bummer right ?? I had sex with the person I was dating , but we had only had sex twice

and shortly after that week I had an outbreak. I went and got a swab done it came back positive . I went and got blood work done almost 5 weeks after our first time having sex and antibodies showed up my doctor had told me that I've probably been infected for a little over a month. That it was hsv 2 and I was wondering did anyone else antibodies show up fast ? I know that everyone's body works differently, and I've seen discussions that some people had antibodies show up anywhere between 2 weeks - 6 months. I also know that it may show up during a time I have an outbreak. I just know herpes is just a unique difficult STD to even understand. I also would like to know if I ever date again what would be the chance of them catching hsv 2 orally.

What was your IGG number? I had a 1.19 2 weeks after the encounter and a 1.48 14 weeks out. There's a 75% chance it could be a false positive. Anything under a 3.5 IGG has a fifty-fifty chance of being a false positive. To get an accurate reading you need to be tested about 14 weeks out to allow the antibodies enough time to build up. If your test stays below a 3.5 you need a Western blot test from University of Washington to confirm

@camilo , From what I've gathered, if someone has a swab come back positive (which _beauty_ did), then they are positive for HSV. The igg may have been to determine whether or not it was a recent infection, and to find out what type it is. I'm not as knowledgeable as many others here on the forum, so hopefully someone else can confirm or deny this. :)