• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Extreme anxiety and uncertainty

Hello, I am quite new to the forum and joined out of a need for answers so hopefully someone can shed some light. I recently (maybe a month ago or more), after having unprotected sex (this was with a high school friend so I don't believe she'd have a reason to lie to me), had a small amount of white bumps appear on my pubic region and immediately launched into a full panic and rage. After wrestling with myself and my emotions for the rest of the day after discovering said sores I decided I had to see a doctor. I went to the first help clinic with which I have had many visits and all of which with correct diagnoses even when more "prestigious" doctors had gotten said diagnoses incorrect. I saw the doctor who typically treated me and was absolutely elated when he said I had just come down with something called folliculitis, I was prescribed a cream and everything cleared up in about a week no problem. Until the same thing came back, I went back immediately this time to the same clinic with a different doctor who I hadn't much worked with. I explained the situation, no pain, no discharge, very small effected area, and slight itch which seems to be caused by skin to cloth irritation but that is really it. He too gave me the same prognosis and treatment so why then does it seem like they are incorrect. I know I should get tested but I have no idea how to go about doing so and am terrified of what I believe to be the truth, even worse yet is I finally started going with a girl I've been lusting after for years and while I've had anxiety since I can remember it has never been this bad as to where I can hardly function. I know this is a lot of text but any help or guidance would be immensely appreciated I just want to know how to move forward from here.

If it were me, I'd go back to the same clinic and ask for a full panel of STI tests because you are entering a new relationship and you want to know up front. Worrying about the results won't change them, it will only cause you undue stress.

Did they try to take a swab of the sores on either visit? If it's only been a month since your possible exposure, you'll probably want to get another blood test in three months because it can take up to four months to register on a blood test.

Thank you for responding I appreciate it. On both visits no test was conducted the doctors simply asked me some questions and visually inspected the area after which telling me that I shouldn't have the screening done, this was after I had already come in and told the Dr I have dealt with extensively that I WANTED to have a full panel done to ensure it wasn't what I believed it to be. The second Dr also sided with the first but did say the only way to be certain was to have the test conducted. @spatx919

I've had folliculitis in my genital area before (about 15 yrs ago) and had to try different meds to get it to fully clear up. You still ask to be tested for hsv1 & hsv2 but if more than one dr. Is telling you it's not Herpes I think it's probably not. Both dr.'s I saw for what I hoped was ingrown hairs last week told me it looked like herpes. They see these infections a lot. Good luck