• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Herpes suppressive therapy/natural solutions?

Hi everyone,

I had my first herpes outbreak in feburary then one more two months later. I thought i was lucky and outbreaks would be few and far between but I noticed today that JUST two weeks after my last outbreak I am having another. :( I am in so much pain and itch so badly that I can barely sleep and constantly wake up scratching furiously. I recently switched my birth control from the depo provera shot to pills and I am on the time when I am supposed to get my period so that may be a trigger. I really can't handle having a montly outbreak of this, though its minor to the eye (just two bumps in the exact same place each time) the scratching and pain and swelling are just too much to bear. Does anyone know what birth control is best to limit outbreaks?

Im taking acylovir 3 times a day for 2 days (as perscribed by my doctor), but Im wondering if I should be on daily supressive therapy. I am single and I do want to let my body learn to fight the virus on its own but its so painful and distracting its hard to focus on school and to even sleep. I was also wondering if anyone knows of any natural remedies that can relieve the pain or itchiness? Ive read online that aloe and witch hazel can help? Ive also read about taking lysine? I currently take a daily vitamin and clean my outbreaks with warm water only but that is all. Im willing to try anything im just afraid of making the situation worse. Thanks <3